Addiction is a serious illness that can be treated with the help of a professional. Although there is a stigma against drug and alcohol addiction there is help and support available.
Our Director, Jodie Brenton wants to make support easily accessible for those struggling with addiction. Our head psychologist, Mary Magalotti and Life Resolutions team of psychologists can help you identify the causes of drug and alcohol issues in your life and find strategies for recovery that suit you.
It is important to identify if you are struggling with addiction. You may be convincing yourself and others that your usage is not really a problem, but there are some key signs and symptoms to look out for.
Identifying drug addiction:
- Do urges to use drugs impact your enjoyment of other activities?
- Are you regularly increasing the amount of drugs you use?
- Do you have financial difficulties as a result of buying drugs?
- Does your drug usage cause issues in your life or relationships?
- Do severe withdrawal symptoms make it hard for you to stop using?
Identifying alcohol addiction:
- Do you experience memory loss and blackouts after drinking?
- Do you often make excuses to drink to yourself or others?
- Do you find yourself often drinking alone?
- Are symptoms of hangovers a regular part of your day?
- Are you struggling with work, life, or relationships because of your drinking?
A experienced psychologist can work to help you overcome addiction, or help you support a loved one struggling with the illness. Jodie Brenton and Mary Maglotti want you to get the support you need to overcome addiction If you are concerned about addiction, contact us today.
Seek Support at Life Resolutions
If you or a loved one is struggling, please book an appointment with Life Resolutions. Contact our friendly team today or head to our website for more information on the services we offer at LifeResolutions.