Anyone can be affected by substance abuse issues, no matter their age, gender, or background. Sometimes, people begin to use substances in a social context, to cope with pain, or to manage their emotions, and all of these situations can lead to drug or alcohol dependence.
Sometimes, it is possible to manage drug and alcohol addiction with support from friends and family, but for many drug and alcohol problems can only be beaten with the assistance of a professional. At Life Resolutions, we have a team of trained counsellors and psychologists that can help you manage and overcome your issues with substances.
If drug and alcohol usage is impacting your health, happiness, and wellbeing, it is important to seek professional support.
Identifying issues with drugs:
- Do you avoid activities or social situations because you would rather use drugs?
- Do you find you have to take increasing amounts of drugs to achieve the intended affect?
- Do you spend more money than you can afford on drugs?
- Do you have relationship issues due to your usage of drugs?
- Do you experience debilitating withdrawal symptoms when you do not use drugs?
Identifying issues with alcohol:
- Do you experience memory loss and blackouts after drinking?
- Do you constantly find new reasons to drink or continue drinking?
- Do you decline social activities so you can drink instead?
- Do hangover symptoms make daily life challenging?
- Do you attempt to hide your drinking from others?
A mental health professional can help you identify the triggers of your substance use, any coexisting mental health issues, and work with you to reduce your dependence on drugs or alcohol. When you quit using a substance you use often and heavily, it can result in serious physical health issues, so it is important to seek professional mental health support.
Seeking Help with Life Resolutions
If you or someone you know is struggling with drug use, please do not hesitate tobook an appointment with Life Resolutions. Contact our friendly team today or head to our website for more information on the services we provide at LifeResolutions.