More and more Australians are becoming aware of the importance of mental health. However, understanding mental health is more than just knowing that it exists. Understanding mental health will help you improve your overall well-being. Here at Life Resolutions, our Principal Psychologist, Mary Magalotti and Director, Jodie Brenton want to help change the way people think about mental health.
New ways to think about mental health
- Mental health check-ups are as important as physical check-ups
- Checking in on your mental health with a professional is just as important as checking in on your physical health with your GP. General mental health check-ups can be useful to ensure mental wellbeing and provide the opportunity for early intervention and progression checking.
- Emotion Education
- People find it difficult to describe or name the emotion they are feeling. By educating yourself on emotions and how they affect you will help you gain insight into your mental wellbeing. Linking emotional responses to your thoughts and mental wellbeing can help you understand why you are feeling the way you are.
- Mental Health Should Be Prioritised, No Matter Your Age
- From early childhood to the later stages in life, mental health remains an important factor of wellbeing. Counselling can be provided and tailored to children, students, and adults to ensure good mental wellbeing.
Thinking about mental health in new ways, you can fully understand the importance of mental wellness and support. Our team works hard to ensure that all Australians understand mental health and can easily access support Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton created Life Resolutions to aid people all over Australia to take care of their mental health.